The calamarata with octopus and mint is a very versatile dish: it can be proposed in every season and occasion. The calamarata is a very special pasta and it is the basis of this fish dish. It is a sort of half paccheri and half maniche, cylindrical, narrow and smooth. In addition, the intense flavor of octopus, accompanied by the fresh taste of mint, makes the calamarata octopus and mint extremely Mediterranean, the perfect combination of goodness and creativity.
Ingredients (for 4 people)
• 320 g of pasta calamarata
• 750 g of octopus
• Mint (as necessary)
• 1 clove of garlic
• 100 g tomato puree
• Salt (as necessary)
• Evo oil
• Half a glass of white wine
• Chilli pepper (as necessary)
1. Prepare the octopus: if frozen, just cut it into pieces, if it is fresh, you will have to beat it (put it in a very strong plastic bag with some cooking salt).
2. Saute a poached clove of garlic in evo oil, add the octopus cut into chunks and leave to brown for a few minutes, then add the white wine and let it evaporate.
3. Pour in the tomato puree, a little mint and cook for a couple of hours.
4. Add the chilli pepper to taste.
And here, after cooking pasta, you will have a perfect dish to present as a first course in a fish lunch.